Looking for a gorgeous beach where you can walk and walk for miles, a beach with lovely white sand that the waves come crashing in on? Look no further than Pettmans Beach. Forming part of the 90 mile beach you will not run out of beach to sink your toes into the soft sand as you stroll or run along the seafront.
If you plan on taking a dip ensure your are a competent swimmer as there are strong currents and the beach is not patrolled. With a free small camping ground within minutes walk away it is a very popular beach.
Reasons to visit Pettmans Beach
- Beautiful sandy beach
- Free camping
- Car park
- Free small camping ground – short stroll from the beach
- Dogs are allowed – must be on a leash
- No drinking water
- Picnic tables
- Campfires – ensure you read up on the local fire restrictions
For those looking for a free camping place, you’ve just found one. The free camping area is a tiny campground so ensure you arrive early to avoid disappointment. Bookings are not required, its simply first to arrive secures a site. The camping ground is not on the beach but within a short stroll away.
Unfortunately for us we arrived too late on this sunny day and we’re unable to find a campsite for the night. Situated so close to this scenic beach it’s an extremely popular free campground. Perhaps avoid peak times to avoid disappointment.
Places to explore in the Gippsland Region
There are so many wonderful places to visit whilst staying in the Gippsland Region. Below are some of the places we explored on our 4 day escape. Whilst in the region do not miss visiting Lakes Entrance and the iconic McKillops Bridge. Whilst Mckillops Bridge is a decent drive away it won’t disappoint those that love the great outdoors. Ensure you check the road conditions before setting off. Note part of the road is not suitable for caravans.
To learn more about the places we explored, click on the below links:
- McKillops Bridge, Deddick Valley
- Ambyne Suspension Bridge, Deddick Valley
- Little River Gorge, Wulgulmerang East
- Little River Falls, Wulgulmerang East
- Buchan Reserve, Buchan
Pettmans Beach Location
Situated in Lake Tyers in the Gippsland Region of Victoria
- Approximately 40km, 42mins from Lakes Entrance
- Approximately 134km, 2hrs 15mins from McKillops Bridge
- Approximately 140km, 1hr 50mins from Sale
- Approximately 353km, 4hrs 20mins from Melbourne CBD
Have you explored this beautiful part of the Gippsland Region of Victoria. If you have we’d love to hear about your experience and places you think we should explore.