Golden Beach famous for its golden pristine beach along the Bass Strait is a great place to be. With 48hr free camping, donations appreciated is within minutes walk from the beach. A place where kangaroos can be seen. If you’re lucky you may also see a wombat.
There are designated camping spots for those that are self contained. One area is on bitumen with the other area on graveled areas. The graveled designated area was our preferred spot, it has spacious sites with some having bushes separating other campers. Within walking distance there are public toilets with running tap water, for a small fee hot showers are available at the nearby shops. You will also find within walking distance the local grocery/take away/bottle shop which has delicious fish and chips.
What more could you ask for, there is so much within easy walking distance.
Reasons to stay at Golden Beach RV rest stop
A place as you walk along the nearby areas at dusk you will witness kangaroos grazing. We were fortunate our campervan backed onto a grass area where we could watch kangaroos graze from our campervan.
Situated 200m from the camping area is the popular picturesque Golden Beach, a place in summer which is buzzing with beach goers.
- Small Coastal town
- Pristine beach
- Free camping (donations are appreciated)
Facilities at Golden Beach RV rest stop
- Designated camp sites
- Fire allowed in fire pits, check the local fire restrictions
- Dog friendly
- Nearby public toilets
- Nearby hot showers for a small fee
- Dump Spot
Places to explore in the Gippsland Region
The Gippsland Region is such a scenic part of Victoria offering so much. From the pristine golden beaches along the Ninety Mile Beach to the gorgeous Snowy Mountains, lakes at Lakes Entrance, Caves at Buchan Reserve, iconic McKillops Bridge to the Little River Gorge where you will get views over Victoria’s deepest gorge.
Unfortunately this trip was just a 4 day adventure as we visited the area for a family wedding. A place we will return to explore further. Click on the below links to see some of the other places we visited:
- Buchan Reserve, Buchan
- Little River Falls, Wulgulmerang East
- Little River Gorge, Wulgulmerang East
- McKillops Bridge, Deddick Valley
- Ambyne Suspension Bridge, Deddick Valley
- Pettmans Beach, Lake Tyers
- Shelleys Beach, Lake Tyers
- Lakes Entrance
- Golden Beach
Golden Beach RV rest stop location
The Golden Beach RV rest stop is in the Gippsland region of Victoria.
- 1/19 Surf Edge Drive, Golden Beach Victoria 3851
- Approximately 244km, 2hrs 47mins from Melbourne CBD
- Approximately 38km, 30mins from Sale
- Approximately 143km, 1hr 45mins from Lakes Entrance
- Approximately 33km, 26mins from Seaspray