- Do you love camping surrounded by nature?
- Are you looking for a place where you are allowed to have campfires, fire restrictions permitting?
- Somewhere that you can camp whether in a tent, caravan or camper van?
- Toilet facilities are provided.
- What’s more a camp ground that is free?
If the above is what you are looking for then you should head to Poplars Reserve. It is a spacious campground surround by towering gums and the Loch River runs alongside it. The river is more like a flowing creek and is fairly shallow.
It is a lovely spot to relax, soak up nature, admire the towering manna gums and take in the fresh country air. There are lots of places nearby to go on scenic walks. Most popular nearby destination would be to the Toorongo Falls and Amphitheatre Falls. Here you will find beautiful walks amongst the lush green forest, the forest floor covered in ferns, boulders covered in moss and tall gums tower overhead. The entire area is a photographers dream.
Whether you go camping here by yourself, with your loved one or with a group of family or friends you are bound to have a lovely relaxing time.
Poplars Reserve Facilities
- Drop toilets
- Some sites have fire pits
- Campfires permitted. Check fire restrictions.
- Picnic Tables
- BYO fire wood
- BYO water for drinking, cooking and distinguishing fires
- Take your rubbish home
- Free campground
Nearby Free Campgrounds
Before you head to the campgrounds check their websites to ensure they are open. Sometimes the campgrounds are temporarily closed. When we explored this absolutely beautiful area the Toorongo Falls Campground was temporarily closed.
Places of Interest Nearby
- Noojee Trestle Bridge
- Ralph Cornwall Loch Valley Tramway Walk
- Noojee Heritage Centre
- Toorongo Falls Walk
- Amphitheatre Falls Walk via Toorongo Falls
- The Noojee Waterwheel
Poplars Reserve Location
- 670 Loch Valley Rd, Loch Valley Victoria 3833
- Approximately 137km, 1hr 43mins from Melbourne CBD
- Approximately 16km, 32mins to Toorongo Falls & Amphitheatre Falls
Do you love camping? Have you been to any campgrounds that you would recommend we visit or would like to share your experiences with us? If you do we would love to hear about them.